Saturday, February 21, 2009


Food, Food Styling and Travel - Some of my favorite things - oh, yes, and eating, too! When I was a teenager I was introduced to Korean food. Since then, I've been interested in learning about food in different cultures. This is a great hobby - especially when traveling!

The picture was taken on the island of Rhodes last October-just as the waiter brought it with no food styling!
The food throughout Greece - during the month that my husband, Steve, and I spent in Athens and four of the Greek islands was outstanding. Each location had specialties and we enjoyed getting to know about local produce, cheeses, meats and wines.

In future blogs, I'll tell more about the Greek diet and local specialties! This dinner meal is typical. Tomatoes and green peppers stuffed with a rice/meat filling, cubed potatoes cooked in broth, plus fresh vegetables. The fresh vegetables are always accompanied by locally grown, cold press olive oil and red wine vinegar. Makes my mouth water just to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment